Wednesday, September 11, 2013

~So Much It Hurts Review


Synopsis:

Life is full of uncertainty, so what happens when a what-if from your past collides with your present?

Kaitlyn Thomas, a weary wife and mother, is taking a much needed getaway with her friends. All she wants to do is relax and rejuvenate on her weekend escape to the beach. Having a drink at the bar with the girls sounds like the perfect way to unwind. That is, until Kaitlyn hears a familiar voice from the stage that shakes her to her core. She grapples with her memory until Chris King, the lead singer of the band, walks up to her and eliminates the questions in her mind.

Chris King…the misunderstood bad boy who once saved her in ways that no one else could.

Kaitlyn’s friends beg to know the story behind this mystery man. Forced to revisit a painful past from which she has spent years trying to heal, Kaitlyn's recollection of Chris awakens intense feelings that she has kept buried deep inside her heart. Has time changed him, or is he still the same person Kaitlyn fell in love with so many years ago?

Marriage vows are sacred, but temptation is a powerful thing.    

Seeing Chris again has caused a war between her head and her heart. In the end, which one will win the battle? Facing a difficult decision, Kaitlyn just wants to be sure of one thing when she walks away from this weekend—no regrets.

 
Add So Much It Hurts on Goodreads:


Buy Links:


Barnes & Noble:


 

Review:

Sometimes you read a book that you just connect with on such a personal level that it leaves you with many things to think about. So Much It Hurts is one of those books; I have no doubt that it will have the same effect on others who read it as well. I am in awe at how easy it was to connect with the characters and their stories. This book earned its whole 5 stars!

Kaitlyn is married to Michael and they have a 5 year old that is her entire world, but that is not saying that her relationship is perfect. Kaitlyn is struggling with a lot of her life choices mainly why she and Michael are still married they seem more like roommates rather than husband and wife.

 Katelynn and her friends go on a girl’s beach trip for the weekend for some much needed girl time, It is here that her past come back to smack her in the face. She runs into Chris, he is not her high school sweetheart but he is a very big part of her past. Kaitlyn feels like Chris saved her from a bad situation and in many situations he did but in the process of saving her he ended up leaving her with no closure for either of them.

While on this trip Kaitlyn and Chris make some questionable choices, but that is not to say I don’t totally understand them, unfortunately the weekend comes to a close and Kaitlyn has to go back to reality. Once she comes home she struggles with the choices she has made, and tells Michael about everything. Does he understand, will they work out, does she leave her life as she knows it to chase her past….read the book J

This story is of true love, heartache, forgiveness, and redemption. It broke my heart made me sad and then gave me hope. My heart completely connected with Kaitlyn, not only for the choices she was forced to make but also the choices she had the ability to control, because in the end none of them were easy.
 
Excerpt:
“Kaitlyn,” he said, “you’re the nicest, prettiest girl I have met at this school. Yet, there is something about you that seems…off. It just feels like you’re hiding something. I have seen you crying several times now, and the dark circles under your eyes tell me that you aren’t getting enough sleep. I don’t know, you just look like you could use a friend right now—someone to talk to that could help you. I could be that person, you know. I could help you.”
I whirled around, narrowing my eyes and giving him a look of adamant determination. “No. I can’t let you get involved.”
Reaching over my shoulders, Chris placed his hands against the vending machine behind me. He towered over me, but leaned down to look me square in the face; his forehead nearly brushed against mine. The heat of his breath against my face caused my own breath to hitch as he almost closed the gap between us. My heart skipped a beat under the intensity of his stare. The longing in his eyes said everything and nothing in the exact same moment.
With pure conviction he whispered, “I already am.”
 
Book Trailor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr5jc4cCDWE
 

Author Bio:
 

I am a dreamer, a thinker, and a hopeless romantic! I never considered myself a writer until one day I sat down and started typing. Before I knew it I had 40,000 words...so here I am, trying to make my way as an author!

 

Social Media links:

Facebook:


Twitter:


Goodreads Author Page:

 
Giveaway

 

No comments:

Post a Comment