Thursday, April 11, 2013

Paint Me Beautiful

By C.M. Stunich






4.5 Star Rating


 



Synopsis ~
“I'm dying to be beautiful.”

My story isn't unique. You've heard it before. I'm just a girl who doesn't eat as much as she should. See, I have goals, big ones, and nobody is going to stop me, not even a boy named Emmett. He has good intentions and he's hot as hell, but he doesn't understand what it's like to want something so bad that you'll do anything for it. I'm going to become a model, even if it kills me. Dream big or go home, that's what they always say, right?


Excerpt ~

I set my phone down and get dressed in yet another set of workout clothes. It's surprising how many sets I have, most of them brand new since I've never really been much of a fitness guru. I imagine that my lack of exercise is part of the equation that ended up leaving me a fat mess, but I try to think past that, try to make up for it by killing myself with a new workout routine. I only make it ten minutes before I have to stop and take a break. In my mind, I have to take a break because I'm overweight, too heavy to force myself through it. In reality, I'm starving to death. Literally. I'm dying to be beautiful, and I don't even know it. Emmett does though. He does, and he wants to help me, but even he doesn't quite realize that the only way he can help me is if I want to help myself first. I start up the routine again and can only make it through a single set of crunches before I'm rolling onto my side, wheezing and clutching my aching tummy. It causes me to double over and curl into a fetal position, but only because my muscles are sore and not because of food. I'm not hungry, not anymore. It's sort of amazing that I've broken my body's bad habit in just a few days. I tell it when I eat and not the other way around. I like that. Ten minutes and a whole water bottle later, I get up and try again. This time, I manage to make it to the end of the video and feel so damn proud that I reward myself by lying down on my bed to rest my eyes. When I open them, the sky is dark again and I'm shivering with cold.
Review:
Beautiful 18-year-old Claire is dying to be a model. She is tall, wears size 2 jeans and unfortunately for her she still thinks she is fat. Clair is absolutely obsessed with being skinny and beautiful. The only problem is she doesn’t see what everyone else sees in her, and especially not Emmett Sinclair sees in her.
"Emmett Sinclair is going to save me in more ways than
one, and I'm going to hate him for it. I’ll curse his name and even wish for brief seconds in time that he is dead, or at the very least out of my life for good. Later though, later ill understand that he saved my life and breathed beauty into my dreams."
The relationship between Emmett and Clair is a fast moving one, they meet during one of Clair’s auditions and shortly thereafter move in together. Emmett is the one person that does not judge Clair for the things she does so she feels like he is her savior in a way.

 “You don’t have to change over night. If you’re worried about something, you can tell me. If you don’t want to do something, you can tell me. I’ll be proud of you, no matter what, and I think, as long as you stay honest with yourself, you will be, too.”

“Have you ever kissed someone and seriously felt like you were touching their soul with your mouth? When I kissed you, Clair, I felt you.”

Emmett always knows Just the right thing to say to make Clair feel more at ease about the things she does to her own body and yet he never manages to make her feel like she is doing something wrong.
"I am anorexic.
I self-harm.
I'm bulimic.
I'm depressed.
I don't survive,
I die that day.
I die and then I'm reborn."
This book seriously left me wanting more, I feel like I need the sequel like yesterday, I really Just need to know how the story turns out for Clair and Emmett too!!!


Author Bio: C.M. Stunich was raised under a cover of fog in the area known simply as Eureka, CA. A mysterious place, this strange, arboreal land nursed Caitlin's (yes, that's her name!) desire to write strange fiction novels about wicked monsters, magical trains, and Nemean Lions (Google it!). She currently enjoys drag queens, having too many cats, and tribal bellydance. Always a fan of the indie scene and 'sticking it to the man,' Ms. Stunich decided to take the road less traveled and forgo the traditional publishing route. You can be assured though that she received several rejections as to ensure her proper place in the world of writers before taking up a friend's offer to start a publishing company. Sarian Royal was born, and Ms. Stunich's books slowly transformed from mere baking chocolate to full blown tortes with hand sculpted fondant flowers. C.M. is a writer obsessed with delivering the very best and scours her mind on a regular basis to select the most unusual stories for the outside world.
Author Links:
Official webpage: http://cmstunich.com
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/C.M.-Stunich/e/B008FT7CAO/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&qid=1363702802&sr=8-2-ent&tag=boobroandbar-20
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6432984.C_M_Stunich

No comments:

Post a Comment